Join hands with us (virtually!) on Earth Day's 50th anniversary
Together, we'll celebrate the beauty of wild places and our remarkable planet, including polar bears and the sea ice they call home.
This year's theme is climate action, and you’re invited to join us in getting involved.
After all, we’re all in this together—and by helping polar bears, we’ll improve conditions for wildlife around the globe (and people too).
Tune in with us
- Meet our team. On Earth Day, we’ve teamed up with Discovery Education for some Tundra Connections webcasts and live chats. Learn about polar bears and how you can help—and ask questions! See the schedule here.
Take action with us
- Vote for polar bears. One of the most important things you can do is to vote with the climate in mind, in each and every election. Take our “Vote for Polar Bears” pledge and receive a link for a downloadable “Vote for Polar Bears” poster.
- Speak up for climate action. Let your leaders know this issue is important to you—and that you support strong programs to address the climate crisis. Our Climate Action postcards make it easy to reach out.
- Support our work. By making a donation or an eco-adoption, you'll support our efforts on behalf of the world’s polar bears—and help ensure their future.
The Polar Bear Connection
Policy changes are needed to greatly reduce the carbon emissions that are causing the planet to warm and the sea ice to melt. Without sea ice, polar bears will decline in range and numbers, making them vulnerable to extinction in the future.
Did You Know?
While action on climate change is the ultimate answer for polar bears, Polar Bears International also works to ensure we keep healthy populations in the short term.
- Our conflict-reduction efforts help prevent injuries to people or polar bears while also keeping communities secure.
- Our polar bear maternal den studies add to our understanding of the behavior of families at den sites, including their sensitivity to disturbances.
- Our support of long-term population monitoring and other research provides valuable data for management decisions.