Polar Bear Tracker Unit Plan
Polar Bear Tracker Lesson Plan. Explore the world of polar bear scientists. Understand how they use radio collars to track and study polar bears in real time. Create scientific questions to investigate just like real researchers do, and learn how you can take action to help the bears.
- Bear Tracker PowerPoint. A fascinating look at the use of satellite collars in polar-bear field research.
- PBI Bear Tracker Map. Follow wild polar bears on Hudson Bay and the Beaufort Sea as they navigate the ice in search of seals.
- Polar Bear Specialist Group: State of the Polar Bear. Launch the tool to explore current population, habitat, and threat information for the world's polar bears—all through an interactive map!
Videos about Polar Bear Populations
- Four Sea Ice Eco-regions. Dr. Steven C. Amstrup explains his use of four sea-ice eco-regions to help estimate how each of the 19 polar bear populations are faring.
- Up Close With Polar Bears. Head onto the Alaskan sea ice with Dr. Steven C. Amstrup as he talks about his 25-year career studying polar bears and shares his impressions of how the Arctic has changed.
- Taking Action! Lesson Plan. Students gain an understanding of the impact of greenhouse gases on the environment—and with that knowledge implement an action plan of conservation behaviors.
- Join our Save Our Sea Ice campaign for help in creating new energy-saving habits at home, school, and in the community.