© Polar Bears International
9/17/2013 3:56:55 PM
Chime in on Climate Change Hearing--Now!
At long last, Congress is planning a major hearing on climate change this week and they need to hear from you. They need to hear that the science on climate change is in and the time for action is now.
The administrator of the EPA and the Department of Energy have been invited to testify at this hearing next Wednesday.
We are supporting the efforts of the Climate Reality Project during the week of hearings.
Please, take a few minutes to:
- Let the heads of these agencies know that we support efforts to pay a fair price for carbon right now, rather than forcing our children to pay a much higher price in the future.
- Encourage the heads of these agencies to put the #HeatOnDenial during their testimony by sending supportive tweets, emails, and posts to their Twitter feeds and Facebook walls. Tell them we want to #SaveOurSeaIce.
1. .@ErnestMoniz Thank you for your support of clean energy & action on #climatechange. The time is now! #HeatOnDenial
2. .@GinaEPA For the sake of our children, I support action on climate change, paying a fair price for carbon. #SaveOurSeaIce
3. .@ErnestMoniz Please support a fair price for carbon now, rather than forcing our children to pay a much higher price in the future.
4. .@GinaEPA The science is in! It's time for action on climate change, support for clean energy.
You can also:
- Copy and paste the following message for posting on the Facebook walls of the EPA and the Department of Energy:
I support efforts for paying a fair price for carbon now, rather than forcing our children to pay a much higher price in the future. We can't delay action any longer! #saveourseaice #heatondenial
- Contact your elected officials today to insist they support meaningful action on climate change. You can adapt any of the messages above.
- Share one of the Facebook photos we've created for this week's hearings. This photo shows your support for climate change action, and this photo makes a lovely profile picture.
The time is now!