© Dmytro Cherkasov/Polar Bears International
2/12/2020 6:59:10 PM
International Polar Bear Day Schedule
International Polar Bear Day is coming soon, February 27th! Join us for special programming that will help you learn more about these remarkable animals, the challenges they face in a warming Arctic, and how you can help. You'll have the chance to meet a range of experts—from the U.S., Canada, Norway, and Denmark—and ask questions. And if you miss them live, you can watch later!
LIVE Programming on our Facebook page
- 9:00am CT - Welcome to International Polar Bear Day
- PBI’s Emily Ringer kicks off the awareness day live from Burlington, Vermont
- 11:00am CT – Polar Bear Research
- PBI staff members BJ Kirschhoffer and Kt Miller join us live from Svalbard, Norway to share details of PBI’s den-monitoring work
- 12:00pm CT – The Role of Zoos in Conservation
- 2:00pm CT – Climate Solutions
- PBI’s Marissa Krouse answers our most frequently asked question, “How can I help polar bears?”
- 5:00pm CT – Wrap Up
- PBI’s Emily Ringer recaps the “why” of International Polar Bear Day and how we can contribute to solving the climate crisis
Other Opportunities to Connect
- 8:00am CT – PBI’s Thea Bechshoft connects virtually from Denmark for the National Biodiversity Teach In. Register to tune in and watch!
- 3:30 pm CT – University of Washington Ph.D. candidate, Jenny Stern, will connect with Canadian youth to share how to conduct research on polar bears and what we can learn from it. Watch Jenny and our friends at TVOKids here!
Visit our social media channels for a series of videos from scientists with their favorite polar bear questions.