Will you help make our new home a reality this year?
Every year, polar bears gather near Churchill, Manitoba to wait for the sea ice to return. And every year, scientists, photographers, tourists, and members of the media gather there, too—to learn first-hand about the challenges the bears face in a warming climate.
As polar bear central, Churchill has long served as a launch pad for Polar Bears International’s conservation and outreach efforts. It’s now time for PBI to have a physical space where people can come in and learn about polar bears and polar bear research.
Now is the time for Polar Bears International's House in Churchill.
- We have the land. To build on the main street in town, thanks to a generous gift of property from a long-time supporter of PBI.
- We have the plans. To provide critical space and serve as a base for our operations, research, programs, and community outreach.
- We have the commitment. To create a presence that will showcase our vision for polar bears and engage visitors in solutions.
Now, we need your support.
With your help, Polar Bears International House will open in the fall of 2019.
Polar Bears International House is attractive, energy-efficient, and multi-purpose in design and scope. It will:
- Provide space to educate Churchill visitors about polar bears, climate change, and the urgent need to take action
- Feature cutting-edge interpretation of current polar bear research and provide broadcast venues for media crews
- Host visiting scientists, educators, and special guests whose outreach work and support are critical to polar bear conservation
- Serve as a gathering place for members of the Churchill community and provide local employment and internship opportunities
- Include a workspace, bunkhouse, kitchen, and place to store equipment
- Inspire people to care about the Arctic and its wildlife by featuring live cams that highlight polar bears, beluga whales, and northern lights
- Become a meaningful community asset
Home is where our heart is.
Do you have a heart for polar bears, too?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on sponsorship levels and donor recognition—or visit our donation page for the project.