Team up with us for polar bears on Earth Day, April 22, and every day by taking our Transportation Challenge.
Then take the next step through community solutions!
- On Earth Day—or starting any day you choose—make a pledge to walk, bike, carpool, or use mass transportation when possible.
- When you do drive, don’t idle! Pledge to turn off your car for waits longer than 10 seconds. This means avoiding drive-through lanes at businesses, turning off your engine in carpool lines, and, in winter, not warming your engine for more than 30 seconds.
Become part of community change:
- Launch a Bike Commute Challenge at your workplace or school.
- Start a No Idling Challenge at your workplace, school, or church.
- Share photos or videos of your actions on our social networks with #saveourseaice.
How do community actions make a difference?
Check out our transportation infographic on how actions scale up!